If you have ever held a job, you have likely heard of workers’ compensation, also known as workers comp. Worker’s compensation is insurance that provides cash benefits and/or medical care for workers who are injured or become ill as a direct result of their job. Individuals must complete a specific process and submit a claim to qualify for this support. In some cases, their claim may be denied.
Hiring a workers’ comp attorney is your best bet to ensure you receive the support you deserve. This article will discuss what we do and how we can help you if you ever find yourself in a work-related accident or injury.
As workers’ comp attorneys, we represent you and provide you with all the support you need through the entire workers’ comp process so that you can focus on healing from your injury. Once someone is injured, they have a specific amount of time to gather documentation and submit a claim. The claim is then reviewed and either approved or denied. Sometimes in this process, a hearing is required.
From the moment a client calls us, our job is to help evaluate the situation, determine the best course of action, and then represent you through the entire process. With our many years of experience, we are experts on the nuances that are often overlooked by those choosing to represent themselves. Some of the many ways in which we assist our clients include:
- Answering any questions or concerns while guiding you through the entire workers’ comp process
- Assist you in accurately completing all of the necessary forms by their deadlines
- Communicate with the workers’ compensation insurer on your behalf and any supervisors that may need updates
- Help you to arrange medical appointments and care
- Gather the appropriate medical evidence to support your claim
- Negotiate the settlement you deserve
- Represent you at your workers’ compensation hearing should one be required
- If your claim is denied, we can assist you in appealing the decision
Call us Today!
Shultz Legal is more than just a law firm. We are a group of people who care about helping those who experience workplace injuries and believe everyone is entitled to the benefits and protection they deserve. As one of our clients explains, “The Shultz team was responsive, quickly helped me get doctors’ appointments lined up and scheduled, and kept me informed every single step of the way.” Give us a call at (410) 505-7189.
Did you know?
- Two-thirds of your work injury wages are not taxed
- You have the right to choose any doctor
- Compensation for permanent problems is still available even after your treatment has ended